Nathan G. Adams, DMD, MD, FACS
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Meet Dr. Adams
Dr. Adams is a Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon who received his surgical training at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He graduated from Utah State University with a bachelor’s degree in Biology. He received his dental degree from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, and his medical degree from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota.
Dr. Adams is an active member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the Utah Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and the American Medical Association. Dr. Adams has particular interests in the areas of sleep apnea, oral pathology, orthognathic surgery (correcting jaw deformities), facial trauma, dental implants, bone grafting, and office based anesthesia.
Dr. Adams enjoys reading, athletics, and outdoor activities, including skiing, hiking, and camping. He was born in Logan Utah, and raised in the Salt Lake valley where he attended Hillcrest High School. After high school he served a two year church mission in southern Brazil. In 2000 he was fortunate to marry his long time friend Stephanie. They are blessed with four children.
Call us with any questions or to make an appointment.801-262-7447 Appointments Map & Driving Directions
Dr, Adams has enjoyed his time with his family in Pennsylvania and Minnesota, and is happy to be back in Utah living in the Salt Lake valley and participating in the local community. Dr. Adams is involved in local service through his church and other community volunteer opportunities. He is honored to work with Dr. Gladwell in practice and is committed to working with his colleagues and other health care providers to deliver the highest quality of care to their patients.
- 2014 – Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- 2012 – Mayo Clinic, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2011 – Mayo Clinic, General Surgery
- 2010 – Mayo Clinic Medical School, Doctor of Medicine, MD
- 2006 – University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, Doctor of Medical Dentistry, DMD
- 2002 – Utah State University, Bachelors of Science, BS, Biology
To make an appointment with Dr. Adams, please use our Contact form or call our office: Oral & Facial Reconstructive Surgeons of Utah SLC Office Phone Number 801-262-7447.
Awards and Honors
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, National Dental Honor Society, elected member, 2006
- Matthew H. Cryer Award, for Excellence in Oral Medicine, 2006
- Matthew Cryer Honor Society, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- Honors Gross Anatomy Dissection Program, University of Pennsylvania, 2003
- University of Pennsylvania Dental Medicine Scholarship 2002-2006
- Dean’s List: Utah State University 1999-2002
Research & Publications
- Book Chapter: Clinical Review of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery — Computer-Assisted Surgical Simulation: Virtual Surgical Planning for Orthognathic Surgery
- Abstract Presentation: AAOMS National Meeting. Philadelphia Pennsylvania, Sept 2011:
Evaluation of Surgical Head and Neck Pathology with Frozen Section Diagnosis: The Mayo
- Varghese R, Adams NG, Viozzi CF, Ramar K, Olson EJ: Maxillomandibular Advancement
in the Management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Abstract Presentation: AAOMS National Meeting. Toronto Canada, Oct 2009: A New
Definition of Success in the Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea with Maxillomandibular
- Poster Presentation (2nd Author): Maxillomandibular Surgery the Mayo Clinic Experience.
American Academy of Sleep Medicine National Conference 2009
- Reviewer, Journal of Clinical Anatomy
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Utah Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Utah Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Activities and Intrests
- Family activities