Michael A. Gladwell, DMD, MD
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Meet Dr. Gladwell
Dr. Gladwell is a Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon who received his surgical training at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He graduated from Weber State University with a bachelor’s degree in Health Administration. He received his dental degree from the University of Louisville, in Kentucky, and his medical degree from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota.
Dr. Gladwell is an active member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the Utah Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Dental Association, and the American Medical Association. Dr. Gladwell practices the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery with particular interests in the areas of reconstructive surgery, sleep apnea surgery, oral and facial pathology, corrective jaw surgery, facial trauma, bone grafting, wisdom tooth removal, office based anesthesia, and a full range of dental implant procedures.
Dr. Gladwell enjoys spending time with family and friends. He enjoys outdoor activities, hiking, skiing and water sports. He was born in Ogden, Utah and raised in North Ogden, Utah where he attended Weber High School. He spent his summers in Ruby Valley, NV working on his grandfather’s ranch. After high school he served a two-year church mission in Nebraska. He married his sweet bride, Jennifer, in 1997. They are blessed with four children, two girls and two boys.
He is privileged to be in practice with Dr. Adams. In 1910, Dr. William J. Mayo publicly articulated the guiding principle: “the needs of the patient come first”. This principle, the primacy of each patient’s welfare, endures as the primary core value of our practice and as the core element of a professionalism covenant between us and our patients.
- 2014 – Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
- 2012 – Mayo Clinic, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2011 – Mayo Clinic, General Surgery
- 2010 – Mayo Clinic Medical School, Doctor of Medicine, MD
- 2006 – University of Louisville School of Dentistry, Doctor of Medical Dentistry, DMD
- 2002 – Weber State University, Bachelors of Science, BS, Health Administration
To make an appointment with Dr. Gladwell, please use our Contact form or call our office: Oral & Facial Reconstructive Surgeons of Utah SLC Office Phone Number 801-262-7447.
Awards and Honors
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity Award
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Award
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Award
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Honor Dental Society
- Phi Kappa Phi National All University Honor Society
- National Board Scholar Part II
- Hinman Dental Society Scholar
Research & Publications
- Gladwell, M, Sosa, I, Arce, K: Neurologic Evaluation and Management. Oral and Maxillofacial Trauma, 4th Edition, Jan 2013: 142-166
- Evaluating the long term clinical outcome and skeletal stability of the Quadrangular Maxillary LeFort I osteotomy treatment in the patients that had horizontal maxillary deficiency (Current Study)
- Evaluating the long term clinical outcome and skeletal stability of the Quadrangular Maxillary LeFort I osteotomy treatment in the patients with cleft lip and palate (Current Study)
- Allen B, VanEss J, Gladwell M, Rieck K, Carr A: The success rate of Nobel Biocide Mark III Tiunite implant system. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Path 2008; 106:e19
- Gladwell M, Viozzi C: Temporal bone fractures: a review for the oral and maxillofacial surgeon. J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2008; 66:513
- Bryan Oshiro M.D., University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, Effects of betamethasome on the fetus used during preterm labor. 2002
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Utah Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Utah Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
Activities and Intrests
- Family activities
- Outdoor activities